Palmer Plantation Lockhart Union County
- Location Love's Ford, Lockhart, Broad River, Union County
- Origin of name We are not sure what the name of this plantation was. We are calling it Palmer for founder Joshua Palmer. Please let us know if you have information regarding this plantation.
- Other names ?
- Current status ?
- 1787 Earliest known date of existence
A 120 acre tract was surveyed for Joshua Palmer on the south side of the Broad River (2).
- ? House built
- 1791 Joshua Palmer increased the size of his plantation by purchasing an additional 250 acres (2).
- 1835 Joshua Palmer passed away (1) (2).
- Number of slaves 4 in 1810; 12 in 1820 and 1830; (2)
References & Resources
- Information contributed by Lynn Palmer, descendant of Joshua Palmer, from his will.
- Captain Joshua Palmer of Virginia and Union County, South Carolina