Brookwood Plantation York York County
— Brookwood Plantation © Kenneth Frederick Marsh —
(Held by University of South Carolina, South Caroliniana Library)
- Location Turkey Creek, York, York County
Located on SC 104, 2 miles northwest of the City of York on the west side of Turkey Creek
- Origin of name ?
- Other names ?
- Current status Privately owned
- ? Earliest known date of existence
Joseph Black acquired the property (1).
- 1856 House built (1)
Joseph Black purchased $142.52 of lumber from Love and Black Lumber to build the house (1).
- 1858 Joseph Black passed away (1).
- 2015 The house has been remodeled in recent years by current owners (1).
- Number of slaves ?
References & Resources
- Information contributed by descendant Amy Black Wood.
- Claude Henry Neuffer, editor, Names in South Carolina, Volume I through 30 (Columbia, SC: The State Printing Company)
Order Names in South Carolina, Volumes I-XII, 1954-1965
Order Names in South Carolina, Index XIII-XVIII
- Kenneth Frederick and Blanche Marsh, Plantation Heritage in Upcountry, South Carolina (Asheville, NC: Biltmore Press, 1962)
Order Plantation Heritage in Upcountry, South Carolina