Key Plantation Richburg Chester County
- Location Richburg, Chester County
2314 Old Richburg Road
- Origin of name Named for plantation's founder, Luck Key
- Other names Backstrom, Marion (1)
- Current status Privately owned
- ? Earliest known date of existence
Luck Key acquired the property (1).
- Circa 1805 Daniel Key inherited the property from his father Luck Key (1).
- Circa 1805 House built by Daniel Key (1).
- 1848 Captain John Garner Backstrom purchased the plantation which consisted of 400+ acres at the time (1).
- 1883 John Alexander Marion bought the plantation (1).
- 1948 The plantation was subdivided with the portion with the house being purchased by the George Yarborough family (1).
- 2016 George Yarborough's granddaughter, Roxann Yarborough James, owned the plantation (1).
- Number of slaves ?
We are actively seeking information on the slaves who lived and worked at this plantation. If you find a resource that might help, please fill out this form. Thank you.