Pringle Field Plantation Edisto River Colleton County
- Location Edisto River, St. Bartholomew Parish, ACE Basin, Colleton County
- Origin of name ?
- Other names ?
- Current status Part of Hope Plantation
- ? Earliest known date of existence
- ? House built
- 1956 Northrup R. Knox purchased Hope Plantation. At the time of purchase, properties included in the tract were Pringle Field Plantation, Ashe Plantation, Buzzard Island, Cattell Island, Newton Plantation, Old Hope Planation, Rotterdam Plantation, and West Bank Plantation plus the previously-combined properties of Baynard Plantation and Hywassee Plantation (1, p. 256).
- Alphabetical list Northrup R. Knox (1956)
- Number of slaves ?
References & Resources
- Suzanne Cameron Linder, Historical Atlas of the Rice Plantations of the ACE River Basin - 1860
(Columbia, SC: South Carolina Department of Archives and History, 1995)
Order Historical Atlas of the Rice Plantations of the ACE River Basin - 1860