Little Swamp Plantation Bamberg County
- Location Historically in Colleton County but annexed between 1919-1924 into Bamberg County (1)
Highway 362 (1)
- Comment Was once a part of Salkehatchie Plantation
- Other names ?
- Current status ?
- ? Earliest known date of existence
James Goodwin Sr acquired the property (1).
- ? House built
There was a house of log construction built at Little Swamp Plantation (1).
- 1870 James Goodwin Sr inherited the plantation from his father, James Goodwin Sr (1).
- 1916 After the death of James Goodwin Jr, the plantation was divided into 20 sections and distributed among his children (1).
- Number of acres 2,100
- Primary crop Cotton and food crop items sold in Charleston (1)
- Number of slaves ?
We are actively seeking information on the slaves who lived and worked at this plantation. If you find a resource that might help, please fill out this form. Thank you.
References & Resources
- Information contributed by descendant Faye Goodwin Kerstetter from Colleton County Clerk Records, the Goodwin Reunion Book of 1986, and Mills Atlas of SC by Leroy Swindell.